Domestic Violence is still prevalent in our society today but unfortunately, we have yet to heal all of the wounds and scars that both women and men suffer as a result. There are many efforts and many people who support such efforts but we still see the presence and the effects that these incidents have on families all across the world. What should we do when we hear of the many individuals who are abused on a daily basis? Continue to stand up and fight for those who may have gone silent and have lost the will to fight.
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence reports that at an average rate, nearly 20 individuals in the span of a minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. With over 10 million women and men suffering from domestic abuse during one year, there is a need for people to step up and speak out.
What can you do?
- Become a volunteer at a local shelter
- Contact a local support group or organization and find out how you can get involved
- Make monetary donations
- Donate needed items to shelters
- Speak up again domestic violence in your community
- Encourage your Human Resources department to provide resources to employees
- If you witness abuse Call 911
- Support legislation that enforces consequences against abusers
- Encourage family, friends, and co-workers who may be in abusive situations to see help or contact a local shelter
Never think that there is nothing that you can do. You can be the voice for someone close to you or even someone who you have never met or will never meet in your lifetime. Your voice and your actions can make all the difference for someone who is suffering. Take a stand today. Speak up for those who have gone silent.
© 2017 Kimberly Seymore Inspired Serenity by Kim Seymore
is a featured content post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post.